You are here

S Sudan: shops burned in Torit market fire


18.2.2015. A fire at Lomolinga market in the Eastern Equatoria State capital Torit destroyed six lodges and five shops Monday, local authorities said. Torit County Commissioner Jerman Charles said they suspect the fire was caused by a faulty generator. No one was hurt in the accident. “It was the generator that belonged to the business which developed technical issue," Charles said. "No one behind the burning. It was the generator." Damaged goods included beverages for sale, computers, and other items including an unknown amount of money. Charles said they have not yet determined the full extent of the damage.

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 20:00
Committed by: 
Type of Violation: